Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, New York
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering (Aerospace Option), Minor in Mathematics, Concentration in Communications, May 2014
NASA Academy Aeronautics Research Project
Intelligent Aircraft Engines for Next Generation Air Transportation
Dr. Gary Hunter and Mr. John Lekki
Allison Park, PA
Topics dealing with aerospace engineering, with a preference for fluid related subjects such as aerodynamics or control systems.
National Aeronautics & Space Administration – Aug. 2011 to Dec. 2011
White Sands Test Facility, Las Cruces, New Mexico
Undergraduate Student Research Program Intern
Internship position in the Non-Destructive Evaluation group working with various means of assessing failure in composite materials used in composite overwrapped pressure vessel construction, including acoustic emission and laser profilometry.
Department of Mechanical Engineering – Mar. 2012 to May 2012
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York
Research Assistant, Biomedical Devices Lab
Paid research assistant job building precisely manufactured blood pumps for use in Food and Drug Administration testing of computational fluid dynamic analysis.
Projects at Imagine RIT
Imagine RIT 2011: Hydrogen/Oxygen Electrolysis Cannon, Team Leader
- Led a team to design, build, and present a device which performed electrolysis on water, ignited the resulting hydrogen/oxygen mixture, and used the combustion to launch a ball.
- Presented at the 2011 Imagine RIT Innovation Festival, which drew approximately 35,000 people.
- Emphasized the need for alternative fuels during the exhibition
- Built for the Rochester Museum of Science’s alternative energy exhibit by the House of General Science
Imagine RIT 2010: 750,000 Volt Van der Graaf Generator / Faraday Cage
- Worked with a team to design, build, and present a 750,000 Volt Van der Graaf generator
- Lead construction of a faraday cage to shield spectators from the generator’s effects.
- Presented at the 2010 Imagine RIT Innovation Festival, which drew approximately 32,000 people.
- Built for Rochester Museum of Science electricity demonstrations by the House of General Science
Rochester Institute of Technology House of General Science
Faculty Relations, 2009 Academic Year
President, 2010 Academic Year
- A special interest house of individuals with a disposition towards science
- Responsible for sponsoring and organizing academic, social, and charitable activities
Rochester Institute of Technology Kendo Club
Vice President, 2010 Academic Year
- Conduct practices and promote interest in the Japanese martial art of Kendo
- Represent the Rochester Institute of Technology at regional events
- To conduct useful and relevant research at the NASA Academy.
- Learn as much as I can about opportunities within the aerospace field during Academy trips.
- Finish my Bachelor’s Degree at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Continue my education with a Masters degree in Aerospace Engineering.
- Involve myself in the development of the next generation of aerospace technologies
Hobbies and Interests
- Athletics, especially running and martial arts
- Motorsport, including Formula 1
- Pneumatic devices
- Aeronautical history and aviation