Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- B.S. Aerospace Engineering, May 2011 Magna Cum Laude
- M.S. Aerospace Engineering, December 2012
NASA Academy Research Project:
Integrated Inter-Modal Passenger Transportation System
Mr. Robert Plencner
Chief of MDAO Branch
Hometown: Camp Lejeune, NC
Academic and Work Experience
- Senior Design Project involved small UAV (<5 lbs) analysis, design, optimization and flight testing
- Lifeguarding (Summer 2008 and 2009)
Memberships and Activities
- AIAA Design Build Fly (2010-2011)
- Propulsion Group (2009-2010)
- Mission Group
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Private Pilot’s License.
Honors and Awards
- Magna Cum Laude, BS in Aerospace Engineering
- Dean’s List
- Lejeune High School Salutatorian
- Eagle Scout
Skills and Certifications
- Computer Languages and Programs: Matlab, C++, Mathematica, Athena Vortex, Lattice (AVL), Labview, and Microsoft Office products.
Hobbies and Interests
- Hiking and camping
- Rock climbing and outdoor activities
- Playing most sports including football, baseball and basketball.
I graduated from Virginia Tech with honors in Aerospace Engineering (with a math minor) in the top 15 percent of my College of Engineering class and will continue with graduate studies at Virginia Tech in the fall. In my free time, I am working toward a private pilot’s license and have soloed in a Cherokee 140. My father is a military officer so I have been given the privilege of living in various states and countries which has given me a wide perspective on the world. In high school I was the salutatorian of my class and attended North Carolina’s Governor’s School, having been selected in the area of math. I’m an Eagle Scout and have volunteered at the Blue Ridge Scout reservation, with Relay for Life, the Big Event, USO, Special Olympics and other charitable organizations during my college career. I have been a member of Virginia Tech’s Design Build Fly Club for the past two years and am active with Cross Training (Fellowship of Christian Athletes).
Professional and Educational Objective
Masters of Engineering focusing on aerodynamics followed by a corporate sector career in designing increasingly efficient aircraft.